Overview: WhatsApp is the most widely used app in the world to chat and share media among friends, relatives and other family members. Almost all Smartphone users use WhatsApp to send messages, share pictures, videos, files etc. These WhatsApp chats, pictures, videos are very important and precious to the users. Sometimes we may fall into unfortunate situation where we might lose all the WhatsApp data on our phone.
If you have deleted your WhatsApp data accidently and you are clueless on how to get the data back then you are in the right place. Today in this article we will follow different steps to recover WhatsApp data on your Android phone. Every day at 2 am, local backup of WhatsApp data is created in your Android Device so we can recover backed up WhatsApp data using local backup, Google Drive, WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp folder and by using WhatsApp Data Recovery tool.
Please follow the six steps mentioned below to recover your lost or deleted WhatsApp pictures, videos, chats etc.
Step 1: Recover WhatsApp Data Using Auto Backup Feature
WhatsApp has Auto backup feature which keeps on saving data all the time, we can utilize this feature to retrieve WhatsApp data. During this process we have to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your phone.
- Open Android settings on your phone, go to App Management, select WhatsApp and tap Uninstall. Once uninstallation is complete, go to the Google Play Store and reinstall WhatsApp Messenger.
- After the installation open the WhatsApp, enter the same phone number associated with the data and verify the phone number.
- After Verification of phone number, you will see a screen which says Backup found, Restore. Tap on Restore to backup all your WhatsApp data.
Note: Please remember that your phone stores WhatsApp data for only seven days.
Step: 2: Recover WhatsApp Pictures, Videos, Audio etc. Using WhatsApp Folder
- Even if the WhatsApp pictures, videos etc. are deleted from your WhatsApp app on your phone, you can still recover those data using WhatsApp folder.
- Open File Manager on your phone and navigate to the SD Card/Phone Storage/Internal Memory>WhatsApp>Media
- Here you can find WhatsApp Images, Videos, Audio etc. make sure to check the Sent folder to retrieve additional data.
Step 3: How To Restore WhatsApp Data With The Help Of Google Drive
Google Drive allows you to backup WhatsApp chats and media. With the help of Google Drive you can restore your lost WhatsApp data in few simple steps. To backup WhatsApp data install Google Drive on your phone, most of the time it is preinstalled on your Android phone. Open WhatsApp, go to the Settings > Chats > Chat backup .
Tap on Back up to Google Drive, add your Google account here and select the back up frequency to Daily or Weekly. After this WhatsApp will keep backing up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive.
If you have followed this process before then we can easily recover WhatsApp data in few simple steps.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your phone.
- Verify your phone number and restore WhatsApp data using Google Drive account.
Note: Google Drive has space limit so keep checking your Google Drive from time to time to make sure that it has enough space. Also, when you back up WhatsApp data using the same account then the previous data will be overwritten.
Step 4: Steps to Recover WhatsApp Lost Picture Using WhatsApp Web
You can also login to WhatsApp on your computer or any browser on your phone. With the help of WhatsApp web you can recover WhatsApp data in few simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp Website (web.whatsapp.com) in any browser. You can open any browser on any other phone or computer.
- Now open WhatsApp app on your phone, go to the Menu and select WhatsApp Web and scan the QR code present on the web.whatsapp.com.
- Once the scan is done you can see WhatsApp opening on the browser, from here can restore all your WhatsApp data.
Step 5: Restore Older Backup
In case you want to restore data which is not so recent then please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the File Manager om you phone.
- In File Manager select Phone Storage/SD card, tap on WhatsApp and then Databases.
- Now rename the backup data needed to be restored from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- There might be a possibility that previous backup may have different crypt name such as crypt10 or crypt11. Do not change the number of the crypt extension.
- Now Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp and tap on Restore when asked.
Step 6: Steps To Recover WhatsApp Data When There Is No Backup
In case none of the steps mentioned above helped you to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp data, then in such scenarios Android Data Recovery Tool can come handy. Android Data Recovery Tool will not only help you to restore WhatsApp data but it can also help you to recover the data of your entire phone such as pictures, videos, audio files, contacts, call logs, messages, documents etc.
Download and install Android Data Recovery Tool and recover all your lost or deleted data on your Android phone in few simple steps.
Backup Your Android Devices Data Using Android Backup & Restore Software
There is an old saying “Prevention is better than cure” so it is always best to backup your Android data from time to time so that you never come across a situation where you have to worry about the data loss. Android Backup and Restore tool helps you to backup your phone data in few simple clicks and keeps you tension free.
I hope this post helped you with many different steps to recover lost or deleted Whatsapp data on your Android phone. We have also learned that Android Data Recovery tool is the best option to recover lost WhatsApp pictures, videos, chats etc. You can also use Android Backup & Restore tool to keep your data safe in future. I am sure this post helped you to deal with data loss situation and also provided you different ways to prevent data loss on your phone.