Did you lose the data on your Google Pixel 4 phone and want to recover deleted pictures, videos, and other important data? Do not worry this article will help you out to recover your lost photos, videos, contacts, text messages, call logs, files, etc. from your Google Pixel 4 in a few simple steps.
The best way to recover lost data from the phone is to use Google Pixel Data Recovery tool. With the help of this Android Data Recovery tool you can do the followings:
- Allows you to Recover lost Files such as lost photos, videos, audio files, documents, contacts, SMS, Call history, WhatsApp data and many more.
- Recover Data from Internal memory & SD Card on your Google Pixel 4 phone:
- Retrieve data lost in different scenarios such as Factory Reset, Accidental deletion of data, Google Pixel 4 Android Crash, Rooting, Android update on Google Pixel 4 resulted in data loss, Google Pixel 4 device failure, Forgot password or PIN of Google Pixel 4, Flashing Rom, Google Pixel 4 not responding and many more.
Things to Remember After the Google Pixel 4 Data Loss
Whenever there is data loss or deletion of data on the phone, it is not permanently removed from your phone, those data are hidden in the phone, with the help of Android Data Recovery tool we can easily get back those data, however, we have to keep few things in our mind.
- Stop using the phone as soon as you realize that there has been data loss, continuous use of phone may overwrite the lost data on your Google Pixel 4 phone.
- Turn off the Wifi or cellular data on your pixel phone so that there is no automatic update happening in the background as software updates may also overwrite the lost data.
- Use the Android Recovery Tool to recover the deleted data as soon as possible.
Now let’s follow the steps mentioned below to recover the deleted data from your Google Pixel 4.
How Data Are Deleted or Lost on Your Google Pixel 4/Pixel 4 XL Phone
There are multiple scenarios that can responsible for the data loss on your phone. Below are the few situations mentioned. Knowing these scenarios may prevent you from losing data in the future.
- Factory Reset of your Pixel phone.
- Accidentally deleted the data.
- Crashing of Android OS.
- Rooting of your phone.
- Data loss after the Android or device update.
- Unable to unlock the screen due to forgot password or PIN.
- External damage resulting in data loss.
- Phone crashing or not responding.
- Flashed Rom.
There may be many more scenarios that may result in data loss. Now the important thing is, how to recover lost data? Follow the steps provided below to recover and restore deleted data on your Pixel phone.
Use Google Backup To Recover Data From Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel phones provide us the option to back up data such as photos, videos, contacts files, etc. to your Google Account. Your pixel phone is linked to your Google account and if you have enabled the sync to your Google account then this option can come handy to restore all your lost data. Follow the steps provided below to do so:
- Open Settings on your phone and tap on Reset to reset your Google Pixel phone. Once reset is complete, select Start and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you see the option Copy apps & data, select Next and then select Can’t use old phone.
- Here, under Copy another way, select OK and then select A backup from the cloud.
- Now log in using the same Google Account used before to restore the lost Pixel data.
- Select a backup, select the files you want to recover and select Restore.
Recover Deleted Photos and Videos from Google Pixel 4 Phone
In case Backup and Sync were enabled before on your phone, you can easily restore deleted photos and videos as deleted photos and videos remain in the trash folder for 60 days before they are deleted permanently. To do so do the following:
- Launch the Google Photos app on your pixel phone. If you do not have it, download it from the play store.
- On the top go to the Menu and then select Trash.
- Select the photo or video you want to recover and tap on Restore. Doing this will restore your photos and videos back to your galley, photo library or photo albums.
Recover Deleted Contacts on Google Pixel 4
You will be glad to know that Google Pixel has a built-in feature that allows you to back up your contacts. If you have enabled automatic backup and sync on your phone, you can easily restore your contacts in a few simple steps. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your phone
- Tap on Google.
- Tap on Restore contacts under the Services option
- Now from the account, choose the account from which you want to restore the contacts.
- Select the device in order to copy the contacts.
- Select Restore, Contacts restored will appear when the process is complete.
Recover Backed Up App Settings on Google Pixel 4
In order to restore the App Settings, do the following:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to System > Advanced > Backup > App data.
- Select Automatic restore.
Restore Lost Data on Your Google Pixel 4 Using Google Drive
In case you have backed up your pixel 4 data to your Google Drive account then you recover your data in a few simple steps:
To Restore pixel 4 deleted Pictures, Videos, files, etc. from Google Drive Backup do the following:
- On your Google Pixel phone open Google Drive app or visit Google Drive website on the browser.
- Sign in with your Google account and here you can see all the backed-up files. Here you only have to select the photos, videos, files, etc. which you want to restore and click on the download button.
How to Recover Deleted or Lost Data on Google Pixel 4 Phone Without Any Back-Up
What if you have no backup? Do not worry, you can still recover the lost data using Google Pixel 4 Data Recovery tool. Google Pixel Recovery tool helps you to recover pictures, videos, messages, contacts, etc. very easily and effectively. With the help of Google Pixel recovery software, you can get back all your lost data in few minutes.
This tool not only recovers data from Google Pixel phone but also supports almost all Android phones and tablets brands such as Samsung, Google, Sony, Motorola, LG, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Oppo, OnePlus and many other popular Android phones.
Steps to Recover Lost Data From Google Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL
Connect The Android Phone
Download and install Android Data Recovery Software on your PC or Mac.
Open Android Data Recovery software, click on Recover and then connect your Android device to your PC using the USB cable.
Make Sure to Enable USB Debugging
- Go to the Settings
- Select About Phone
- Go to Software Info
- Tap Build number 7 times in continuously
- Now go back to Back Developer options
- Turn on Developer options and select USB debugging
Click on OK when you receive a prompt to allow USB debugging.
Once the phone is connected, you can see the screen as shown below, click on Next on this screen.
Start the Scan
Once you click on next, it will show you two options: Scan for deleted files and Scan for all files, it will take a long time if you scan all files.
Preview & Recover Data From Your Pixel Phone
Once the scan is complete, you will be able to locate all the files, select the items you want and click on Recover to save all the files to your computer.
Bonus Tip: Backup & Restore Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL to Avoid Data Loss
Prevention is always better than cure, regular backup of data should always be done to avoid data loss. Android Data Backup & Restore tool helps you to backup almost all types of data like photos, videos, contacts, call logs, calendar, messages, audio files, apps, and apps data. This tool supports almost all android devices which will help you to backup and restore the data to any Android devices.
I hope this article helped you with many steps to recover lost data from your Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL phone.
The best way to recover data from your Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL phone is to use the Android Data Recovery tool which is a professional tool. It is always recommended to backup your Google Pixel phone on a regular basis so that you do not come across data loss situations. To back up the data use Android Backup & Restore tool provided under Bonus Tip.