Are you not able to login to Instagram due to an error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request“? Want to get rid of this annoying error message? There are many Instagram users who are facing this error message. Do not worry, you are in the right place, today in this article we will follow some troubleshooting steps to fix this Instagram login error. Please follow the steps carefully to fix Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request”
Reasons For Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request”
There can be multiple reasons behind this error message, violation of Instagram policies, Instagram server issue, Network Congestion, poor internet connection etc. There is no particular reason responsible for this error messages, however we can try few steps to get the Instagram working.
Steps to Fix Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request”
Step 1: Use Facebook to Login Into Your Instagram Account
In this step, we will use Facebook to login to your Instagram account, doing so has fixed the error for many users.
- Open Instagram website on browser, do not use Instagram app.
- Now login to your Instagram account using the browser.
- Go to Instagram Account Settings and unlink the Facebook account.
- Clear the Data of your Instagram Application on your phone, go to your Instagram app, select Storage usage.
- Clear data and Clear Cache
- Now use Facebook to login into your Instagram. It should stop Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request”.
Few users were able to resolve the issue by creating new Facebook account. In case the issue still persists do the following:
- Open Instagram website on browser, login to Instagram account, go to Instagram account settings and unlink the old Facebook account.
- Create a new Facebook account and use another phone to login into Instagram account via Instagram App.
- Go to Instagram account settings and link the new Facebook account.
- Now clear the Instagram App data and cache on your phone and login with Facebook on Instagram.
Most of the users were able to resolve the instagram error by following this step, in case the issue still persists, move on to the next step.
Step 2: Disable Your Instagram Account Temporarily
Many Instagram users were able to resolve this error message by disabling the Instagram Account for 6-7 hours. Follow the steps below to disable your Instagram account:
- Use your PC to log in to your Instagram account.
- Locate your Instagram profile, Edit your profile and select Temporary disable my account.
- Select the reason to disable the account, enter password if prompted.
- Login to Instagram account after 6-7 hours.
Step 3: Use Instagram on Different Phone
If you don’t want to go through troubleshooting steps then using another phone to access Instagram seems to be a good idea. Many Instagram users were able to use the Instagram app on different device.
Step 4: Change Number on Instagram Account
- Log in to Instagram account on Your PC.
- Edit Instagram profile and change the number
- Open Instagram app on your phone
- Select forgot password
- Use the phone number and select send login link
- You will receive a code in text message, use the code to login
Step 5: Clone the Instagram Application
Cloning the Instagram app on the phone has fixed the Instagram Error ” Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request” for many users. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
Go to the Settings on your phone and select Clone Apps.
Select Instagram and toggle Enable App Cloning to turn on the Instagram Cloning.
Few user were able to fix the error using Parallel space app, follow the steps mentioned below to use Parallel space app to clone Instagram App.
- Go to Google Play Store and download and install Parallel space app.
- Now use this app to create clone of Instagram App.
- Now login to the cloned Instagram app.
Step 6: Uninstall And Reinstall Instagram App
Sometimes a simple uninstallation and reinstallation of app can fix multiple issue with any Android app, to uninstall Instagram do the following:
- Go to the phone Settings
- Tap on App Management or Installed App
- Select Instagram App and tap Uninstall
- Restart your Phone
- Now go to Google Play Store and install Instagram app
- Login to your Instagram account
Step 7: Perform Factory Reset
If none of the steps mentioned above fix the Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request” then performing factory reset may fix this error message. Please note that Factory Reset will lose all the data stored on your Android device. Make sure to backup the data before factory image restore, please follow the steps to Backup Android Device Data
To perform Factory Reset of your Android device open Settings, select Backup & Reset or Factory Data Reset and then tap Erase Everything.
Step 8 : Try Changing Android ID and the IMEI Number of Your Android Device
You can try this step as a last resort to Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request”, to change the IMEI number and Android ID do the following:
- First Uninstall Instagram App from your phone.
- Change the IMEI number and Android ID of your device. Visit this link to learn how to change IMEI and Android ID.
- Restart your phone.
- Download and install Instagram.
- Log in to your Instagram account
Step 9: Contact Instagram Support
If the error still occur after following all the steps mentioned above then its time to contact Instagram Support.
- Find Log In Help on log in screen
- Select use Username or Email
- Enter your email and select Send e-mail
- Keep check your email inbox
- Once you receive email select big Blue Button and open the link using Instagram or chrome.
- Choose Instagram and flag Always use this option.
- You should be able to login into the Instagram Account now.
This article provided you 9 different steps to fix Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request“. I hope one of the steps helped you to fix instagram error