Overview: Are you receiving “The Process com.android.phone Has Stopped” Error? This error message is very frustrating and many android users are facing this error, If you are one of the victim of an error “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone Has Stopped” do not worry, you are not the only one. Fortunately, there is a fix which will help us to get rid of this error message and you can start using your Android phone without any issue.
Reasons For An Error “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone Has Stopped”
- Installation of new ROM
- Big changes to the data
- Recent restoration of the data
- Failure of android phone update
- Recent update of Android
Steps To Fix “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone Has Stopped”
Before following the steps make sure that you backup all your important data because you might lose data while following the steps.
Step 1: Clear Cache On Your Android Phone
Select Cached Data, once you select Cached Data, there will be a prompt to conform clearing of the cache, choose OK. This should fix the problem.
Step 2: Clear Cache and Data on your Phone’s Apps
- Go to Android Settings and select All Apps
- Scroll below, find Phone and select it.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- If doing this does not fix the problem then repeat the steps, this time select Clear Data.
- Restart your Android phone.
Step 3: Clear Cache and Data on the SIM Toolkit
- Go to the Settings and then Select Apps or Applications manager
- Select SIM toolkit
- Tap on Clear cache and Clear data
Step 4: Wipe the Cache Partition
- Shut down your phone.
- Press and then hold the Home and Volume Up button and then press and hold the Power button to get into the Recovery mode. Different brand may have different button to press to go to the recovery mode, you can search online in case you have difficulty getting into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode Navigate through the options and select wipe cache partition, use volume up or down key to select the option.
- Once wipe cache partition is selected, press the Power button to confirm.
- Wait till the process is complete
- Once done, select Restart using the Power button.
- The phone may take time to restart.
Step 5: Perform Factory Reset
If none of the steps fix the problem then performing factory reset is last option to get rid of the error. Please note that you will lose all the data on your phone on doing factory reset. Back up your data so that you don’t lose important data on your device, you can visit this link to follow the guide to backup your android data.
- Go to Android Settings.
- Select Back up and Restore and tap on Factory Data Reset.
In case, you lose data while factory reset , you can always recover the lost data using Android Data Recovery Software, with the help of Android Data Recovery Software you can recover your lost pictures, videos, WhatsApp messages, call logs, documents audio files etc. Visit this link to follow the guide to recover lost data from Android phone. Both Windows & Mac versions are available to download.
After following the steps mentioned in this article I am sure that you will get rid of the error “Unfortunately The Process com.android.phone Has Stopped“