Today we live in a digital world and almost all of us use our credit or debit card details to make a transaction online. Using banking or card details online is not 100 percent secure. There is always some kind of security threat even if we take all security measures. No system is perfect and the banking sector is no exception which is why few of us opt not to use banking details online and want to remove or delete all credit or debit card details scattered online. Security threat is not the only reason people want to remove card details, maybe they want to remove expired card details or simply want to use another card. Whatever may be the reason today in this article we will learn how to delete or remove credit or debit card details from Samsung Pay on the phone and smartwatch.
If you want to remove or delete a payment card information from Samsung Pay, you can get rid of it at any time. When you delete credit or debit card details it will remove all of the payment details which includes the card number from the phone. But to remove card details from Samsung Pay on a smart watch you have to do it separately and the steps are different. In order to use Samsung Pay on your smart watch with other Android phones, you need to have Android version 6.0 or higher.
How to Remove Credit or Debit Card from Samsung Pay on a Phone
To delete or remove the card information from Samsung Pay on a smartphone please follow the steps provided below:
- Launch Samsung Pay on your phone.
- Tap on the menu located in the upper left corner > tap Cards.
- Choose the card which you want to delete or remove, and then tap on More options.
- Tap on Delete card, and then select the reason for deleting the card details.
- Tap on DELETE, when prompted, enter your Samsung Pay biometrics/PIN.
Please keep in mind that deleting or removing the card details in Samsung Pay does not mean that your physical card is disabled. It is only removed from Samsung Pay.
How to Remove Card Details from Samsung Pay on a Smart Watch
The functionality and feature of Samsung Pay application may appear similar but they are actually different. It actually means that we have to remove the card details separately on both the devices. Either you can directly delete the card details from your watch or you can do it using Galaxy Wearable application.
Press and hold the Back or top key on your watch till Samsung pay opens up on your watch. Enter your PIN when you see the pin prompt. In case you have multiple cards, swipe the card which you wish to delete. Select More Options > tap Delete > then tap – that is a delete icon.
In order to remove the card details using your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable application on your phone. Select Samsung Pay, choose the card you wish to delete. Swipe up the card details > tap the Delete icon > then tap Delete.
Deleted or Removed Credit or Debit Card Details Still Appear in Samsung Pay
Even after deleting and removing the card details, is it still showing up in Samsung pay? In case even after continuous effort to delete the card details from Samsung Pay, if it still appears then please go through the information provided below:
- Make sure the Internet is enabled and Active on your Device: Internet connection is required to work with Samsung Pay. Make sure that your phone is connected to the WIFI or cellular data is on and working. Once you sure try removing the card details again.
- If the issue still persists then try restarting your phone. After the restart, connect to the WIFI or switch on mobile data. Once you have a working internet connection try deleting the card details again if it appears on the list.
I hope this post provided you with complete steps to Delete Credit or Debit Card Details From Samsung Pay on Phone and Smartwatch. Make sure you have an active internet connection while deleting the card details from Samsung Pay so that it does not appear on the list once removed.